Monday, June 20, 2011

30 Day Film Challenge: Day 18 - Your Favorite Comedy Film

Day 18 - Your Favorite Comedy Film

Based on a BBC TV series, In the Loop is a hilarious look at the behind-the-scenes politics leading up to a war in the Middle East. With players from the U.K. and the U.S., and some working for the war while others work against it the film can be a bit hard to follow at the beginning until you figure out where everybody fits in and their relationships to each other but once you do the laughs don’t stop. Peter Capaldi is the standout in this film; his facility with the English language and its swearing potential is quite a thing to behold. The script, too, is outstanding (it was nominated for the Oscar and probably should have won). There are so many quotable lines and they really speak for the film way better than I could. “’Climbing the mountain of conflict’? You sounded like a Nazi Julie Andrews!” “I can't stand to see a woman bleed from the mouth. It reminds me of that Country & Western music which I cannot abide.” “Y'know, I've come across a lot of psychos, but none as fucking boring as you. You are a real boring fuck. Sorry, sorry, I know you disapprove of swearing so I'll sort that out. You are a boring F, star, star, CUNT!” If you like your films sweary and smart, In the Loop will not do you wrong.

Notes:


No comments:

Post a Comment