Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Day Film Challenge Day 8 - The Film You Can Quote Best

Day 8 – The Film You Can Quote Best
When the only thing I knew about this movie was the trailer I thought it would be dumb. There was a part that showed Colin Farrell say “Why Bruges?” in what seemed to be the silliest way possible. My friends and I began to mock it by greeting each other with our bastardized version: “I BRUUUUUUUSE”. And then I saw it and realized it was one of the funniest movies I have ever seen. There’s a bit of heart, too, but the overwhelming dark comedy is what makes this movie so special. I have since read some of McDonagh’s plays and they too are full of hilarious and mean lines. The chemistry between Farrell and Brendan Gleeson (and later Ralph Fiennes) is perfect and their repartee is top notch throughout. How could you not like a movie that swears so gleefully?(WARNING: SWEARING AHEAD) “I mean no disrespect, but you're a cunt. You're a cunt now, and you've always been a cunt. And the only thing that's going to change is that you're going to be an even bigger cunt. Maybe have some more cunt kids.”

Notes: McDonagh's got a new film coming next year called Seven Psychopaths. The cast looks awesome.

Here's a trailer for In Bruges. It's not the tv commercial which had the "Why Bruges" in it but it's still awesome:

No comments:

Post a Comment