Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Day Film Challenge Day 7 - A Film That Reminds You of Your Past

Day 7 – A Film That Reminds You of Your Past

I was a shy kid, mostly just going to class and then coming home to play videogames and do homework. In 2005 I made myself start to socialize with my peers. War of the Worlds is the first movie I went to see with people my age and not family. It also comes near the beginning of my film obsession. It’s a movie that isn’t exactly a masterpiece but I think it’s underrated, problematic ending aside. Combining the beginning of making my own friends, making film a big influence in my life and the summer before my senior year of High School makes War of the Worlds a movie that means a lot to me.

Note: This is my second Spielberg. I think he's good and often great but he wouldn't be one of my favorite directors. His movies just happen to fit for this sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment